Monday, September 3, 2012

yummy salsa

I hope you are all enjoying your Labor Day weekend! We certainly are. A relaxing day at home today, loving the company of my favorite peeps. A little weekend catchup and some Fall cleaning!

I have a great recipe for you today!


I love me some chips and salsa! And this recipe is soo different than any I've made before.

Ingredients:
10 fully ripened Roma tomatoes
8 Serrano peppers
2 medium onions
5 garlic cloves
1/2 bunch of cilantro (about 1 cup, chopped)
salt to taste

Preheat oven to 375.
Quarter tomatoes and onions and place on baking sheet, along with peeled garlic cloves. Cut caps off peppers (make sure to wear gloves!). I got scared and removed the seeds from the peppers, afraid it would just be too spicy! It ended up not being spicy enough....in fact, you could hardly taste the peppers. SO, I would leave at least half of the peppers alone and seed the rest.


 
Place in oven and cook until onions are translucent, tomatoes soft, and peppers beginning to char. Took about 45 minutes. Cool.



Now pull out your food processor and combine cilantro, salt and cooled ingredients. (I had to do mine in two batches)Pulse until it reaches a texture you like! I made mine restaurant style.



Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, overnight is best! And serve with chips, on tacos, enchiladas, omelets...you get the idea!

Happy Labor Day, Friends!!!!

1 comment:

I always love hearing your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)