Thursday, May 24, 2012

Twine covered bottle Tutorial

If you're looking for a fun way to add a little texture to your room, these bottles will do the job!

Its easy, cheap, and quick! Who doesn't want that, right?


So here's what you'll need:

Glass bottles ( I used wine bottles, but any would work)
-make sure you remove any metal wrappings, the hot glue doesn't stick well to that.

Hot glue gun

Hemp/Twine of your choice. I purchased the thickest they had.



This project is pretty self-explanatory and doesn't really deserve the title "tutorial." So I'll just post the pics and give a few tips. I think you can figure it out from there ;)



 You will have to glue the hemp every few inches for the first few times around. Once you get a good inch or two up, its just wrapping until you get to the neck.




Once you get here, go back to gluing every few inches or the hemp will slide around too much.

Then finish the top like this.



And you're done!!

If I had some fresh flower cuts from the yard, they would find their new home in these bottles. But, alas, I do not. So Some beaded flowers have gone into one. I'm thinking a big red artificial flower will grace the other, once I can find one I like.





Have fun! Be creative!

Thanks for stopping by today :)

1 comment:

I always love hearing your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)