Monday, May 14, 2012

My Mama, my best girlfriend

For my sweet Mama:

You loved me the second you found out I existed
You carried me for 9 months...I now know how hard that is
You went through 26 hours of hard labor to birth me...fortunately, I don't know how hard that is!
You held me, You kissed me, You sang to me
You stayed up countless nights just to keep me healthy and happy
You made the sacrifice to stay home and school me
We played, we joked, we laughed
I don't think you even know what a difference you have made in my life
Do you know how much I remember you praying with me every night?
You singing to me every night?
Now I do that with my babies, knowing how much they will remember
As I grew, I strayed
You were/are always there to bring me back, so kindly and wisely
You taught me how to do laundry, how to cook, clean, and most importantly, you taught me how to serve God by being an excellent wife and mother
I find myself thinking, "what would mom do?" so often
Your advice and your encouragement mean so much to me
I've always been able to talk to you, about anything, at any time....you have no idea what that means to me! Thank you for always being there.
Thank you for teaching me how to be a mom. You came beside me during the hardest time in my life and sweetly pointed me to the right path. I couldn't have done it without you.
And if being an awesome mom wasn't enough, you are getting to impact a whole new generation by being the best Grammy in the world! My kids truly love you so much! I love the way you spoil them, hold them, kiss them. You are a great mother and grandmother; we are all so lucky to have you!

This mothers day is hard. We long to be with you as you fight to keep being positive. You are so strong. Grandma is so blessed to have you there with her right now. And even though you are strong, I know you are fighting back tears, with a lump in your throat, struggling to take another breath sometimes. It seems unreal. None of us can imagine her being gone anytime soon. Thank you for being such a sweet, sacrifical daughter. I wish we could be there with you physically during this struggle. Please know I am praying.

I miss you! I miss our daily talks. You are my best girlfriend! and I love that.  

 Happy Mother's day, Mama. I love you so so so much.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)