Thursday, August 16, 2012

15 min workout for busy moms

I've been so discouraged this week with my workout plan..or lack thereof. I'm still doing P90X when I can. Love the program. Love the results. But its sooooooo time consuming. Each video is at least an hour! Sometimes it works out great. Ryder will be taking his nap and Clairsy occupying herself with toys and I'll have time. But it definitely doesn't happen every day.

Then I just get discouraged, feeling like I'll never have time. What a drama queen, right? I mean, my kids won't be babies forever! Can you relate?

Sooo..with that said, I have come to the conclusion that a little sweat is better than none. A 15 minute workout is better than none at all. And most important, a positive attitude, a joyful heart and discipline to be consistently pursuing a goal is always a good thing, always. No matter how little the steps may seem.

My new plan is to do this mini workout every morning. If I get another one in during the day (e.g. P90X video, a run, time in the gym) then great!! But if the day gets too busy, if the babies aren't happy, or maybe I just don't feel like it, at least I got something done. Burned some calories, sped up my metabolism and strengthened my muscles.

Alright, enough talk. Here's the workout.

30 jumping jacks
5 push ups
10 crunches
10 squats
30 butt kicks
5 push ups
10 crunches
30 jumping jacks
1 minute wall sit
10 crunches

repeat 2x (total of 3 times)
NO BREAKS!

Here are the totals.....
180 jumping jacks
30 push ups
90 crunches
30 squats
90 butt kicks
3 min. wall sit

Doable, right?? You have no excuses. And if you have kids, do it with them! They will love it.

No equipment needed. But a mat does make it nice for the crunches.

So strap on your tenni's and get to it!!


*WARNING*

YOU WILL SWEAT! SO BE PREPARED FOR A SHOWER ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)