Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Happy Birthdays!

The beginning of summer brings on another group of birthdays for our family! The first being my Daddy's.

On May 31st we celebrated my Dad's 45th! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to be there, and have zero pictures of the event, but he was celebrated :) Two of his babies were shipped off to Ukraine for a couple weeks, and pineapple upside-down cake was eaten, as is tradition, and I hear he had a busy day doing what he loves.


My Dad is the pastor of a new, exciting church plant in Ocala, FL. He is so gifted in teaching, preaching, and shepherding God's people. He loves the Lord with his whole heart and all you have to do is have one conversation with him to find that out. He is a wonderful husband and father! He is a man's man, no doubt, but he is also tender-hearted..and with 7 daughters, it's a good thing!


I miss you, Dad! It's weird how you spend the first 18 years+ with your parents, and before you know it, the time has come and gone, you leave the house, and its no longer easy and convenient to spend time together. It's harder, it takes more effort. I hope this year brings more visits, more time together, getting to know each other better again! I love you, Dad! Thank you for your unconditional love for me, and for your unwavering faith. Thank you for your patience with me! Thank you for supporting me in all my interests and hobbies...from the Nike outlet to the Music store! Thank you for believing in me and the woman you knew I could become. Thank you for praying, unceasingly. I love you.


Four days later, my Mom also celebrated her 45th! I love that their birthdays are so close together...we've had some fun celebrations over the years! Mom enjoyed some shopping with her girls and Cherry cheesecake, also a tradition, was thoroughly enjoyed. Wish I could've been there for both the shopping and the cheesecake ;)

I love our daily phone conversations! I love how I can talk to you about anything. I hope my girl will do the same. You are such an example and inspiration to me of a hard working woman. You serve your husband and your family with joyfulness. You aren't afraid to get your hands dirty, you work hard with your hands, you stay up late making sure the dishes are done and things are ready for the next day. You teach your children at home....what a sacrifice that is. You are an awesome Grammy! My kids love you almost as much as I do :) Can't wait to see you this weekend! Happy Birthday, Mama. I love you.


Just one day after, was Haven's 13th! So glad we were able to spend it with her! Coconut shrimp, crab pasta, and many other tasties were ordered, we sang happy birthday, funny stories were shared and presents were opened. Thanks for inviting us!

Haven, who is my sister in law, is such a sweet girl. Really, people, not just saying that because I don't know what else to say about her! She is tender and kind. She is a loving sister, and a thoughtful aunt. She is an obedient and honoring daughter. She is quiet, but don't let her fool you! She's a nut as well ;) I love laughing with you! You are so talented...I can't wait to see where God takes you over the next few years! I love you, sweet sister. Happy Birthday.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)