Monday, March 14, 2011

anniversary

for my very best friend and the love of my life.....


there is so much I could and want to say to you about how much I love you, how you make me a better woman, and how much I LOVE being your wife, your helper and your best friend


I can't believe we've spent a year together now! in some ways it seems like yesterday, in others, I can't imagine living my life any differently


you gave me a card many years ago during a tough time in our lives and our relationship and it meant so much to me....I could only pray it would someday become reality.

and here we are, 5+ years later! I love you, Dakota! Happy Anniversary! (5 days late ;)


here is what the card said:

"All I want is to love you for the rest of my life...
to wake up every morning with you by my side,
knowing that no matter what happens,
I'll be able to come home to your loving arms.

All I want is to share everything with you...
to talk to you about our ideas, our dreams,
the little everyday things that make us laugh,
and the not-so-little things
that we can't help worrying about.

All I want is to give you my love...
as a place you can always come to for acceptance
or the simple comfort that silence brings
when things left unspoken can still be understood.

All I want is to grow old with you...
to watch our life unfold,
our dreams, one by one, come true.

All I want is to love you forever."


Not only do I love you for all the mushy gushy reasons....

I love you because you are a nut! You make me laugh every day!


your smile and your laugh make everything better...
even when I don't want to admit it


I also love you because you are the best daddy a little girl could ask for!
you love our little Clairsy more than anything in the world (except for me, of course!)
and that is so special for me


I love doing this whole, crazy, college thing with you!
as tough as it is some most of the time, I'm so glad we are here.



I also love that you love baseball...
its been something very dear to your heart for such a long time
and it has become special to me too.

I love spending time at the field watching you play, knowing you are loving every second of it! and Clairsy loves it too! #17, Kota/daddy! we're always rootin' for ya!

somehow, this ended up being the only picture I took on our anniversary....haha
oh well, not one together, but a picture of my two favorite people is good enough :)

happy anniversary, luv. I can't wait for a lifetime of anniversary's to come!


2 comments:

  1. congrats!! i'm so glad you were blessed to marry the love of your life, only few of us can attest to that! i join you in celebration!

    so, was this your 1 year anniversary?? SO SWEET!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you :) yes, one year! and such a good one!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)