Saturday, November 13, 2010

Stuck on fall.....

I seem to be sooo stuck on fall this year! Glad summer is over (for the first time in my life!) and not really ready for the harsh winter either. BUT I am enjoying every second of our beautiful Georgia fall :)

Growing up in beautiful, Beaufort, SC we didn't see much color change, or even weather change....I have spent countless Thanksgivings at the beach! And even though I dearly miss the lowcountry, I have thoroughly enjoyed this beautiful season.

My Mom sent me these adorable salt and pepper shakers to decorate my table, along with some oak-leave placemats in brown and green. The table has never been graced with such festivity. Thanks Mom!



We have had the pleasure of enjoying some fresh herbs from the "community" garden out back...long story, but basically, you can plant what you want, water when needed...or don't, and take what you want! somehow it has worked out well.

anywho, this is what was left of the herbs after our first frost hit.
Rosemary- which we have tried with chicken...yumm
Basil- with fresh tomatoes makes a delicious spaghetti sauce
Oregano- great on pizza or in calzones
and sage- I haven't used it yet...any suggestions??


Also after our frost, we collected these green tomatoes...
they have been green for months now! seriously! they refused to change colors. So I picked some, hoping to find some recipies to use them in. Would love any suggestions!

We made fried green tomatoes one night...not too crazy about them.
And I found a great recipe for some green tomato and tomatillo salsa!
Hopefully they we will be used and enjoyed.


I was sad to find these little babies, their leaves and stems black and whithered from the frost, with no hope of becoming anything else.
So they will stay babies :(

We have 3 VERY hot peppers....still haven't figured out what they are, but they are full of spicy deliciousness!
2 of the smallest bell peppers I have ever seen
and 1 little Japanese eggplant



ClaireBell and I have been appreciating the outdoors and the opportunity to enjoy all of God's creation. and when I say ALL, I mean it...
she has decided that tasting every bit of creation is the best way to appreciate it ;)



Thank you, Jesus for fall! Thank you for fresh herbs that we can dry and save for the winter, thank you for pecans to make yummy pies, thank you for table decorations and sweet Mommy's to think about, thank you for your creation and for giving us the health and energy to enjoy it every day.

and thank you, sweet Jesus for little ClaireBell's to taste ALL that you have made. Please keep her from getting sick! Amen.


Happy Saturday, friends! Let's be thankful today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)