Tuesday, September 14, 2010

fried chicken gone......salty

Doesn't this chicken look delicious?? well, looks can be deceiving :(
I've never been much of a "country cooking" kinda girl, but my dear husband just loves it all...fried chicken, biscuits, gravy, mashed potatoes and sweet tea! SO, I decided to be a good wifey and make my man some good ol' Georgia food!

I looked online for a good fried chicken recipe and found one by the one-and-only, Paula Dean! I thought, I can't go wrong with this one! So I followed the recipe EXACTLY! didn't want to mess anything up so i stuck to the plan:
chicken
salt
garlic powder
pepper
flour
eggs
tobasco sauce
and, of course, oil

I cooked this chicken to perfection! Crunchy on the outside, nice and tender on the inside. I was very pleased at what i saw......then i tasted it.

It tasted like I bit into a SALT BLOCK!! I was horrified :( my perfect looking chicken is the worst chicken I've ever tasted in my life! I kindly, hesitantly informed Dakota of the disaster and he came in to try it.....

He so sweetly said, "well, maybe it will be better if we eat it with honey mustard and the potatoes"....or maybe not. It was officially my first un-edible meal as a married woman. :(

Still not exactly sure what happened...just too much salt. The recipe called for 1 Cup of Salt...I should've known that chicken covered in salt would be.....salty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)