Tuesday, May 7, 2013

saved by a schedule

*these pics are completely unrelated to the post, fyi. just some recent shots of the little munchkins :) 


Do any of you keep lists? Schedules? Like actual schedules, written down, every day? Well, I do. I don't always stick to those schedules, nor do I always write them. But I have found, the more lists I make, the more detailed my schedule is, the more productive I am and the better mood I'm in.


Type A personality? I think I am becoming that way. I never thought of myself as rigid, or inflexible, but the older I get, the more I desire that order, plan, list, schedule of events, daily/weekly/monthly goals. I love it and hate it at the same time.


 I certainly don't want to become one of those women who can't be flexible. Those women who can't do spur of the moment. Those women who have to leave the mall at exactly 12:22 to make sure they get home in time for little junior's nap. Those who's inflexibility cause them to miss out on friendships, serving others, or just having some good ol' fashioned fun! NO! I will not become that way.


But I am finding myself unmotivated. Tired. Scatter brained. And the "things to accomplish today" lists, and the consistent daily schedules are really my salvation these days.


 Knowing that I have food in the fridge for breakfast in the morning, snacks during the day, and dinner that night is so comforting! But that only happens because I write out weekly meal plans at the beginning of the week, followed by a detailed grocery list. I love having a scheduled time for me to do things like blog, sew, paint, create, garden. It gives me something to look forward to.


My time with the Lord has also become so much more consistent! Some of you may critique me on "penciling in my quiet time" but when I sit down with a cup of coffee, my bible, guitar and journal, it doesn't feel penciled in. Its relaxing, and I look forward to 1:30 every day.


  ClaireBell also loves plans :) She'll often ask me, "ok, what's the plan today, Mama?" She loves to know what's coming, and enjoys her alone time to play, read or draw while Ryder is sleeping.


So schedules....they save me every day. They keep my house clean. They keep me focused on what's important. They keep me off my phone! whoo...that's a big one! Isn't it so easy to spend too much time on these iPhone's?? So fun. But can be sooooo time consuming. They keep me active...i.e. playground days, beach days, pool days, gym time. They keep me from spending too much money at the grocery store. They keep me and my family eating healthier. I could go on...


So tell me, are you a list maker? a schedule keeper? or maybe you just fly by the seat of your pants and still manage to get more done than I do :)


All that said, blogging is on my "list." I have been trying to get ahead a little by editing pictures and planning posts to hopefully be a little more consistent on here. I really enjoy it so much! Here are some posts to look for soon:


Can you believe I found this piece of wood in a parking lot?? Can't wait to show you how easy it was to turn into what you see here!


Can I just say, um. delicious. You have to try this recipe! 


I will share a technique with you that will blow your mind and make even the most artistically challenged person more than able to make a painted canvas! 



Looking forward to sharing these posts and more very soon!! Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)