Monday, October 4, 2010

God's promise

What a precious reminder of God's promises, His faithfulness and His mercy on us! I spotted this beautiful rainbow last week while ClaireBell and I were walking around campus. I snapped this pic quickly and then ran inside to grab sweaters for both of us ( its been rather chilly here the last few days)...by the time I got back, it was gone! I wanted to walk down the hill and try to get a picture without all the wires in it, but this is all I have.


It's funny how the first, and usually only thing I think about when I see a rainbow is God's promise to never flood the earth again. But this time, I couldn't help but think about why He flooded the earth, what it took to get Him to that point. I thought of Noah and His steadfast faith in our Lord. Noah was not influenced by the world, he was not swayed by the wickedness of man. He was committed to God, and "found favor in the eyes of the Lord." ---->
Genesis 6:8

I don't know what it was like in Noah's time, but I wonder how much our time now could compare. "Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. The Lord was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart." Genesis 6:5-6. Sound
familiar??? There is wickedness all around us, and every day we have to make the decision to submit to God, and resist the devil.....or be enslaved by our sin.

"I establish My covenant with you; and all flesh shall never again be cut off by the water of the flood, neither shall there again be a flood to destroy the earth....I set My bow i
n the cloud, and it shall be for a sign of a covenant between Me and the earth." Genesis 9:11, 13. God didn't have to make us that promise. He could have said that every time man sinned or a nation turned its back on Him, He would blot them out...but He didn't.

So Next time you see a rainbow, God's bow in the clouds, remember not only His promise to us, but His mercy on us even though we live in a wicked and perverse time. R
emember the faithfulness of Noah, he was a hero of the faith.



Have a wonderful Monday!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)