Wednesday, January 25, 2012

resolutions

I've never been much for new year's resolutions. Never really made any. But this year, I've jumped on the bandwagon! I know the tendency is to quit before the year is up, in fact most don't even make it more than a month or two, but I'm determined to make it! 

I've hesitated in sharing these with you because, well....then there's the whole accountability thing! haha. But that's kinda why I'm doing this. I want to be able to give updates and report by Christmas the things I have accomplished. 

here goes....

Number 1:
I am writing a cookbook this year. A family cookbook, comprised of my Mom, Mother in Law, and my favorite recipes. not sure if the mama's know their participating yet ;) I have already begun writing down rough drafts and taking pictures. This super cool recipe journal has come in handy! (Thanks to Kartwright- my super cool brother in law- for this Christmas present!)


Number 2:
Probably the most common resolution made, I plan to reach my goal weight by the end of this year! I've made excuses, procrastinated, and just been plain lazy and its time for a change. My wonderful husband has already been such a help in making this happen for me! After long days at work, he is still willing to watch the chillins so I can get to the gym...thanks baby! I have started by running three days a week using the "Couch to 5k" plan...which I HIGHLY reccommend, by the way, for beginner runners. I am on week 3 now. I am also curcuit training three times a week in the gym.

Once I have finished the nine week running plan, I will begin P90X. I am really excited about this program! I will let you know how it goes once I get started.


I am excited about having some goals, and optimistic that I will be able to reach them :)

Have you made any resolutions, plans, goals??? Its not too late! Who says you have to start January 1st, right?

Oh, and if you have any to-die-for recipes, please share!!! Especially desserts....not my specialty ;)

Happy Wednesday, Friends! 
(just had to share this smiling face) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)